F.O.R.D Crest Ye Olde Brew News F.E.R.A. Crest
January 2005
Fermental Order of Renaissance Draughtsmen Volume 13 Number 1
In this issue:

 January's Meeting
Chris Frey

A group of F.O.R.D.members meet on Tuesday, January 11th to discuss a variety of topics. We meet at the Tenny Street Roadhouse (http://www.tennystreet.com/).

Among topics discussed was the offer we have to use the Tenny Street facility, so it made sense for us to meet here and check it out. And we all agreed, let's try a meeting here.

Tenny Street Roadhouse is located at 22361 West Village Drive in Dearborn, Michigan. The building is a former post office, located one block south of Michigan Avenue and one block east of Military. Phone. It is about two blocks west of Baileys.

The pluses are several. First, on Tuesday's their back room which can hold hundreds of people is basically empty, as they have no bands (currently) scheduled on this evening. So we can actually hold meetings and not have to jostle with everyone coming through. Also, they have a decent menu of food. Beer selection is a little light, but they did have Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Bell's, Anchor Steam and a few other very high quality brews. No brews from Belgium : - (

So plan on coming by around 5:30 - 6:00pm this coming Tuesday, January 25th. As this is our first meeting there, we should be discrete with our homebrews. You have to come in the front and walk through the restaurant to the back, so let's ease the owners into this potential long-term relationship by bagging our samples, buying one or two of their brews and enjoying some of their food. As it has been in the past, as owners begin to see our club members as friendly, courteous and paying customers, they will in turn be gladder to see us in the future and may be more receptive to stocking a few more "specialty" brews that we may request.

We will then go over some of the thinking and discussions that were covered at the January 11th meeting - see you there (OK, I won't be there, but share the new years with everyone else)!

Competition Results

Kathy Loftus and Jim Rice

November's Barleywine competition results are...
1st place Tyler Barber Barleywine 41/50
2nd place Tony Tantillo Barleywine 40/50

December's Holiday Ales competition results are...
1st place Mike A & Kathy L Pumpkin Ale 38.5/50
2nd place Steve Close Spiced Ale 37/50

The January competition is Category 24 - 28, mead and cider. Please bring your entries to the Meeting this Tuesday, January 25 at Tenny Street Roadhouse. Please see www.bjcp.org for more details

News Items

Homebrew Competition (sent in to F.O.R.D. mailing list by Howard Klix, Jr.)